Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sour memories

Human Brain is an amazing thing. Take a moment from your hectic/ slow/ no work at all schedule and give it a thought. Say Thankyou and look amazed!

For instance, I have discovered in the past few days, one of my colleague has changed her ringtone. Now it so happens she has the same ringtone that I possessed at a time. Old Ringtones and alarms have this weirdness about them, a single hint of them anywhere, any point of time, they are certain to make you alert and pull you towards them.

Why I mention this particular ringtone? It invariably takes me to a time when life was very different from now. To a time, which will never come back again. The fact that time can't be brought back from the dead and gone, makes me sad and is yet a relief in a lot many ways. I wish I could share what am I referring to, but we live in a complicated world. People judge and don't understand. They pass comments and hide. They laugh together and cry alone.

So whenever her phone rings, the following happen in matter of seconds:

1. My heartbeat rises
2. I crane my neck to look at the exit, to make sure he hasn't come for me
3. I see a red scooter parked outside.
4. A small window
5. A Golden wind chime, by the window
6. Me in a worn old nightwear, crying my heart out.

The above are remains of what I have battled, achieved, lost and been awarded in my life of 2 years in Bangalore.
Sometimes I am glad I have a new chapter to contribute to and the old days are well behind me, or am I not?




No comments:

Post a Comment